Lindal is independently represented in New Zealand by Douglas Custom Homes Ltd. Managing Director, Douglas Weir, is a 5th generation New Zealander and a 4th generation builder. He has an appreciation of the uniqueness of Aotearoa, respect for the land and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to building a home. Lindal’s products give our customers the lasting beauty and quality materials they expect, and the confidence that comes from dealing with a family-run company that has been in business for over 65 years.
So what’s the difference between building a Lindal Cedar Home from any other home in New Zealand?
There are a lot of points to consider. Here are just a few.
- World’s largest manufacturer of quality custom cedar homes
- Kiln-dried increases cedar’s strength and reduces twisting, warping and shrinking that are typical
with green lumber
- Family owned and operated
- Over 50,000 homes built worldwide
- Founded in 1945
- Unique post and beam construction
- Solidly built
- Exterior size of the wood framing 140mm x 45mm
- Fully plywood wrapped, exterior walls and roof
- Lifetime structural warranty
- Argon double-glazed windows
- Local dealer as part of your team
- Environmental responsibility: Green from the Ground Up
- Time Magazine’s Green Design 100
- First Green Approved Building System by NAHB Research Center
- Thousands of home plans that can be customized
- Home plans to suit your style: Contemporary, Classic or Traditional
- Dwell Home Collection
- Lindal Architects Collaborative, featuring designs from Bates Masi, Marmol Radziner, Altius, Taliesin:
The Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture